Friday, January 11, 2013

Really I have to work? Chapter 1.2


Cassie opens her eye's sitting, and sits up and looks around a moment a bit confused.  She reaches back to straiten her hair as she looks around the room.  Cassie giggles to herself, realizing that she is no longer in her parents house in her old bedroom, but in her new house her late Aunt Peggy had left her. She slowly gets up and makes her bed, humming softly to herself as she thought of her Aunt.  Not knowing her Aunt very well she was quite surprised when she was told that she was left the house.  But, it definitely could have not come at a better time, her father had just kicked her out and she had no other place to turn. She shakes her head a moment, before looking at the time.  Gasping in surprise, as she realized it was already ten o'clock, she curses to herself.


"Its my first day of work..... and I have so much to do," she says to herself as she rushes over to the dresser to get changed.


She gets dressed in her new uniform and begins to relax a bit.  She was quite nervous because today was her first day at her new job and didn't want to disappoint anyone especially her new boss.  She gets dressed in her new uniform and begins to relax a bit.  She was quite nervous because today was her first day at her new job and didn't want to disappoint anyone especially her new boss.


Cassie walks over to the refrigerator, and opens it. Seeing that it is  relativity empty, she sighs to herself, and mutters "I forgot to go to the grocery store when I was out, yesterday." 


 Luckily Aunt Peggy's friend Gorge had left some vegetables for her.  She took some out and carefully cut up the ingredients and made her a beautifully made salad.  


After Cassie eats and brushes her teeth.  She looks into the mirror and says to herself, "Okay Cassie, you can do this.  First day of the rest of your life and you will prove Father wrong!"  Smiling, back at herself, because she feels more confident after the little pep-talk.


She went outside, to have Trixy greet her as soon as she walked out the door. "Well hello, girl" she says as she rubs Trixy's neck.  Cassie takes a brush out of her pocket and brushes, Trixy as she says, "Well, Trix ... today is my first day at my new job.  I hope, I'll do well.  I believe I'm a good cook and mom always told me I cooked a really good mac and cheese."  She smiles, brightly at the memory.  


Enjoying her few moments with Trixy.  Cassie looks down at her watch, and sighs a moment.  "Well I have just a little over a hour before I have to be at work." she says to Trixy, "lets ride to the horse ranch."  


She mounts, Trixy quickly, grabbing the reins as she squeezes her legs together softly to signal Trixy to go.  Wanting to feel the wind in her hair she commands Trixy to gallop.   Keeping the pace they make it to the Horse ranch quickly.  



When they arrive at there destination, Cassie takes out the last leaf a lettuce from the refrigerator and feeds it to Trixy. "Well, my little pony.  I've got to get to work before I'm late on my first day. But, I bet you will have fun here."  She looks around a moment and smiles at all the jumps and toys in the big field.  She gives Trixy one last hug before heading off to work.  


Cassie walks out of work with a smile on her face. She had a really first day at work. But, really wants to get back to Trixy.  She has been concerned about her all day, being a new town and being away from her for so long.  So she calls a cab and rushes over there. 


Arriving at the horse ranch she looks around, to find Trixy quite content jumping over obstacles in the field.  She smiles and shakes her head at herself for thinking anything could possibly be wrong when she had so many things to do.  She decides to wait a few minutes before calling Trixy to her as she watches her amazing horse.  


Realizing it was getting late, she decided it was time to call in Trixy and head home for the night.  She called Trixy over with a quick whistle. Trixy rushed over to her happy as can be to see her.  "Was your day good, Trixy?" Cassie asked lovingly.


Pausing a moment, as she brushes Trixy down she says, "My day was fantastic.  My boss is amazing and I even met someone new."  She leans in closely to Trixy, before continuing, "And he was even really cute."  She smiles brightly,  at the thought of the guy at work, "But, I ....I ...I can't remember his name" She stutters as she tries to remember.  Shrugging her shoulders, "I'll just ask tomorrow" she says as she giggles mounting Trixy for the final ride how after a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment